Friday, July 15, 2011

Too Easy Meat Dish

     I just had to throw this one out there really quickly this morning. I read about this recipe (actually, heard, it was an audio book) and it was so crazy I just had to try it. The guys really liked it and it was all gone this morning. I say this morning because I had put what was left in a container for James to take to work for his lunch. Keeley came in after carousing and ate it. *snickering* Keeley thought they were just leftovers, not designated for other use. The recipe is more like a guideline than a recipe bits and parts can be interchanged as your needs and supplies do.

Too Easy Meat Dish
1 1/2 lbs. meat (I used ground beef)
2 cans cream sup, undiluted (I used cream of mushroom with roasted garlic and cream of onion)
1 lb. frozen potatoes (I used tater tots)
1 cup shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with no stick spray. Spread the meat into the bottom of the pan. Pour the soups over the meat and spread them evenly. Lay the potatoes on top and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes.

Note: I plan to try this with leftover chicken, fiesta cheese and cream of mushroom soup, O'Brien hash browns and Pepper Jack cheese next time. It also mentioned not to add extra cheese or it will inhibit the cooking of the potatoes.

     Anyway, this was good and easy. It would be a great "learning to cook" dish for little hands, as there is minimum measuring but lots of layering and spreading. It sounded so implausible that I had to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment