Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Rita's on the River-San Antonio

     I like Rita's! It seems to catch a whole mess of flack from others but, I like Rita's! If you want your napkin placed in your lap, don't stop here. Rita's is a fun place in a great location on the Riverwalk with great live music and a high school/college age wait staff. There is no better people-watching spot to be found in the city.
     The chicken tortilla soup is the best I have ever had. I prefer a light meal so that I have more room for immense, "Texas-size" margarita and this soup fits the bill perfectly. The chicken is in good size chunks so I don't fear it (little shredded pieces of joint, etc freak me out) and they serve fried tortilla strips and fresh avocado in it. So good! Try any and/or all of the margarita's and watch the crowds. It makes for a great evening.
     Rita's makes a mean breakfast taco, too. The tortillas are good and they offer numerous "filling" choices. I had the potato-egg and James had the egg-chorizo combination, both were great. The breakfast menu is really affordable, but I think it is only served Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
     Give Rita's a chance if you're in San Anton. I think you will enjoy yourself. I always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment