Monday, July 11, 2011

Mi Tierra-San Antonio

     The third stop on my whirlwind tour of San Antonio is Mi Tierra. This restaurant and bakery is located by Market Square on Produce Row. It is a fun ride on the city trolley which costs you $1.10 one way. The restaurant is festive and has beautiful woodwork and paintings. People complain about the wait sometimes but don't sweat it. Step into the bar, order a frosted schooner of beer and enjoy the atmosphere.
     I had the fish tacos, a Friday lunch special. The fish was nicely seared on the outside and super flaky. The guacamole was excellent. The best thing in the place, and maybe on the planet, are their flour tortillas. Perfection! I love tortillas, and even though they don't reciprocate, I will never forsake them. Mi Tierra's are the best I have ever eaten. They are tender with no hint of rubbery-ness. Rubbery texture ruins a tortilla! If you would like a foretaste of Heaven, dip the tortilla in the charro bean juice and get ready. You may have to have a moment alone. This is ecstasy!

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I ate at Mi Tierra with my brother and his fiance on 7/17/2011. We had to wait for a while but there is open seating in the bar so we sat there, and I don't think we waited as long as they said it would take.

    The food was good. I usually only eat Mexican food from taquerias because I don't like Te-Mex but they had a good selection of things other than enchiladas and fajitas. Although I was not as impressed with the charro beans as Fidel was, I did like the tortillas quite a bit.

    I absolutely LOVED the decor! I look like tacky Christmas threw up EVERYWHERE!!

    Lots of fun but don't go if you don't like loud, crowded places or if waiting is an issue. I would also make sure I had something along to keep small ones occupied.

    ReplyDelete