Monday, January 23, 2012

Banana Bread

I aways get asked for this recipe and it's so easy I'm nearly ashamed to post it! It is moist and has a wonderful fine texture without sifting. I make it in the mornings and take it to work with me at least once a month. It smells so good that the dry cleaning guy asked me for a piece and then asked for the recipe!

Banana Bread

8 oz. block cream cheese-room temperature
1 cup sugar
2-3 ripe bananas-mashed
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups Pioneer baking mix
½ cup nuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream sugar and cream cheese. Add mashed bananas, eggs and vanilla to mixture and continue to stir. Add biscuit mix and most of nuts. Spray two loaf pans with non-stick spray and divide batter between the pans. Sprinkle remainder of nuts on top of batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes. A toothpick inserted in center should come out clean when the bread is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment